A varied legal assistant position that could suit someone with a traditional Legal Secretary background, or perhaps a law student who has prior secretarial experience in a firm setting.
This is a part-time role, 2 days per week, both days in the office with working hours from 8:30am - 5:30pm.
In this position daily responsibilities include:
- Having an awareness of file workflows and deadlines, administering all documents and client liaison in a timely manner;
- Arranging the Partner's diary and using initiative to ensure that all meeting materials, bookings, and information is arranged in advance;
- Opening and closing files, data management;
- Liaising with the team, clients, and third parties and utilising your practice knowledge to answer or direct enquiries appropriately;
- Attending to the full legal billing cycle on a monthly basis;
- Producing documents, correspondence, reports, and presentations;
- Coordinating travel and events;
- Ad hoc practice projects and office administration.
Employees of this firm enjoy newly renovated offices with an array of benefits to foster a social, collaborative, and supportive environment including a wellness scheme, social events, stocked kitchen, ongoing in-house training, and competitive remuneration.
Listed below are the minimum expectations for technical skills, experience and qualifications which individuals need to meet in order to perform their role:
- Previous experience (18 months or more) of working in a similar role within a professional services organisation and supporting multiple fee earners;
- Proficiency on Microsoft Office Suite and previous exposure to legal file management and billing programmes;
- Confident and conscientious, able to use your initiative and knowledge of legal workflows to anticipate the needs of the team;
- Excellent attention to detail and demonstrated ability to work to multiple and conflicting priorities;
- Strong communication skills;
- Polished and friendly.
If you feel that you meet the requirements we would like to hear from you. Apply via the link below.
Due to the volume of interest only successful applicants will be contacted directly.
Barratt Galvin is an Australian based legal recruitment business providing law firm resourcing solutions. Collectively, our consultants have over twenty year’s experience placing legal professionals into law jobs locally and internationally.
Based in Sydney, we assist legal professionals looking for legal jobs within Australia, as well as those relocating to or returning from London and the Middle East legal markets.
Our core client base is made up of elite private practice legal teams within mid to top tier and international law firms. The legal jobs we recruit for include Lawyers, Legal Secretaries, EA/PA, HR, Business Development & Marketing and Office Support.
As recruitment experts in Australia, London and the Middle East we can assist you with your international or local legal job search. Barratt Galvin is focussed on providing you access to legal job opportunities that align with your career goals, at the best possible salary level within the market.