We manage personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 and Australian Privacy Principles. We use personal information about you to communicate with you and to assist with your and our clients’ recruitment needs. We only collect personal information that is useful to this process. Examples of this information are:
- Your contact details and physical address;
- Professional references;
- Skill and aptitude test results.
If you do not provide all the information requested, or if you provide false information, we may not be able to provide some or all aspects of the recruitment service you require. We check that the information provide by you is current and accurate which sometimes means we cross check the information with third parties.
What is personal information ?
Personal Information is any information or an opinion (whether true or not) about you. It may range from very sensitive (e.g. medical history or condition) to the everyday (e.g. address and phone number). It would include the opinions of others about your work performance (whether true or not), your work experience and qualifications, aptitude test results and other information obtained by us in the connection with your possible work placements. Personal information includes sensitive information.
What is sensitive information?
Sensitive information is a special category of personal information. It is information or opinion about your:
- Racial or ethnic origin;
- Political opinion;
- Membership of a political association or religious beliefs, affiliations or philosophical beliefs;
- Membership of a professional or trade association or membership of a trade union;
- Sexual preferences or practices;
- Criminal recordHealth or disability (at any time);
- Expressed wishes about the future provision of health services
- Personal information collected to provide a health service.
- Sensitive information can, in most cases, only be disclosed with your consent.
Who will be collecting your personal information?
Your personal information will be collected by Barratt Galvin for its own use and on behalf of other members of Barratt Galvin who might require access to your personal and sensitive information in connection with your work placements.
How to contact us:
You can, subject to some exeptions, access the personal information we hold about you. If you wish to contact us about your personal information you should contact:
During normal office hours which are 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday.