Our client is a national law firm with industry recognition as an Employer of Choice. The firm has benefited from strong leadership and direction resulting in growth and stability.
The Brisbane office is seeking an experienced Legal Secretary to join the Wills & Estates team to support a team of five lawyers including a Partner. This practice manages both advisory and litigious matters, and it is imperative that the incoming Secretary have a strong foundation in Disputes.
Daily responsibilities will include
- Document and file management;
- Telephone and email management;
- Liaising with clients via email, telephone and face to face;
- Diary and meeting management;
- Preparation of correspondence and some legal documents including briefs and wills;
- Entering time recording and preparation of monthly bills;
- Assisting with Business Development tasks such as preparing PowerPoint presentations;
- Travel and expense coordination;
- General administration and project management as needed.
Listed below are the minimum expectations for technical skills, experience and qualifications which individuals need to meet in order to perform their role:
- Previous experience of supporting a Disputes team within private practice is essential, whilst experience working in Wills & Estates law is desirable;
- A confident administrator who is able to work collaboratively as well as independently to organise and prioritise to deadlines;
- Previous experience using legal document management and billing software;
- Excellent organisation skills, computer proficiency, and a polished approach.
If you feel that you meet the requirements we would like to hear from you. Apply via the link below.
Due to the volume of interest only successful applicants will be contacted directly.
Barratt Galvin is an Australian based legal recruitment business providing law firm resourcing solutions. Collectively, our consultants have over twenty year’s experience placing legal professionals into law jobs locally and internationally.
Based in Sydney, we assist legal professionals looking for legal jobs within Australia, as well as those relocating to or returning from London and the Middle East legal markets.
Our core client base is made up of elite private practice legal teams within mid to top tier and international law firms. The legal jobs we recruit for include Lawyers, Legal Secretaries, EA/PA, HR, Business Development & Marketing and Office Support.
As recruitment experts in Australia, London and the Middle East we can assist you with your international or local legal job search. Barratt Galvin is focussed on providing you access to legal job opportunities that align with your career goals, at the best possible salary level within the market.