Supporting the Corporate department management team of an international law firm, this opportunity represents a refreshing change from many Legal Secretary positions.
Every day will present a new challenge, and you'll love coming to work in these warm and modern CBD offices.
The management team consists of a Head of Group, Project Manager, HR Manager, and Secretarial Coordinator. As such, your responsibilities will be varied, including:
- Providing 50/50 support to the Head of Corporate, split between standard legal administrative duties for his M&A practice and responsibilities to department management, including overseeing highly confidential conflicts checks and liaison with the firm's overseas offices;
- Providing support to the logistical aspects of the team including producing and maintaining organisational and work flow charts, assisting with floor plans, and team coordination;
- Extensive diary and email management;
- Monthly client billing and reporting;
- Establishing rapport with key stakeholders within the firm's local and overseas offices;
- General administration tasks.
The standard hours of this position are 9am - 5pm, 5 days per week however applicants looking for a 4-day week will be considered.
Listed below are the minimum expectations for technical skills, experience and qualifications which individuals need to meet in order to perform their role:
- An intermediate or senior Legal Secretary with previous experience of working in a private practice law firm;
- Excellent organisational skills with the capacity to rise to a very fast-paced practice and implement workflow procedures to ensure team efficiency;
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated experience working at an intermediate to senior level with Microsoft Office, legal CMS and billing systems, firm style guidelines and precedents;
- Excellent judgement and problem-solving skills and attention to detail;
- A high level of professionalism and utmost confidentiality.
If you feel that you meet the requirements we would like to hear from you. Apply via the link below.
Due to the volume of interest only successful applicants will be contacted directly.
Barratt Galvin is an Australian based recruitment business providing resourcing solutions from a global perspective. We have over ten years experience placing legal jobs in Sydney as well as assisting candidates looking for legal jobs in London and the Middle East. Our core client base is made up of mid to top tier and global firms, as well as in-house legal departments and not for profit organisations. The legal positions we recruit for include Lawyers, Legal Secretaries, EA/PA, HR, and Office Support.
As recruitment experts in Australia, Europe and the Middle East we can assist you with your overseas or local job search.