We are currently assisting a leading international law firm in their search for an Finance Assistant for the successful Dubai office. This is an opportunity for an intermediate to senior level Accounting Assistant to join a global law firm in the heart of the DIFC in a 12 month FTC.
This vacancy is open to full-time or part-time (4 days per week) applicants and parents returning to the workforce are encouraged to apply.
Please note, previous experience working in a finance role at highly regarded law firm is essential!
Our client's Dubai office is a team of professionals hailing from all corners of the globe. Each member of this team contributes to a good balance of collegiate, commercial, friendly and relaxed culture.
The role of Finance Assistant will report to the Regional Finance & Operations Manager and assist in the areas of Billing, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll, and daily accounting tasks. Your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with administration staff and clients to manage billing matters;
- Assisting with WIP, AR, and billing reports:
- Processing write-offs, bill reversals, and printing of invoices;
- Debt recovery;
- Process vendor invoices, expenses, preparation of cheques, and inter-office disbursements;
- Process salaries and related documents;
- Assist with tax return issues;
- Ad hoc projects as assigned by the Finance Manager.
Listed below are the minimum expectations for technical skills, experience and qualifications which individuals need to meet in order to perform their role:
- A Bachelor Degree in Accounting or other relevant qualification;
- At least 3 years of experience working in Accounting, with at least 1 year of experience within a law firm is required;
- Experience using legal accounting system such as Aderant Expert billing support and exposure to credit control is ideal but not essential;
- Excellent Excel skills with a high level of attention to detail;
- A mature-minded and driven work approach; and
- A team player.
If you feel that you meet the requirements we would like to hear from you. Apply via the link below.
Due to the volume of interest only successful applicants will be contacted directly.
Barratt Galvin is an Australian based recruitment business providing resourcing solutions from a global perspective. We have over ten years experience placing legal jobs in Sydney as well as assisting candidates looking for legal jobs in London and the Middle East. Our core client base is made up of mid to top tier and global firms, as well as in-house legal departments and not for profit organisations. The legal positions we recruit for include Lawyers, Legal Secretaries, EA/PA, HR, and Office Support.
As recruitment experts in Australia, Europe and the Middle East we can assist you with your overseas or local job search.