We're assisting an international law firm in their search for an IP Associate to join their Sydney office.
Professionals in this office enjoy an international collegiate network and multi-jurisdictional work with blue-chip clients. The firm is widely regarded as a leading global practice, winning awards across the regions.
You, the successful applicant, will be reporting to a leading IP Litigation Partner and working with all of the Partners across the group.
Listed below are the minimum expectations for technical skills, experience and qualifications which individuals need to meet in order to perform their role:
- A level of 3-5 years PQE within a respected law firm.
- Excellent academic achievements, having studied the field of IP in University.
- Advisory and litigation experience in both hard and soft IP, in trade mark, copyright, breach of confidence, and misleading and deceptive conduct, brand protection and third party TM infringement.
- Previously worked on litigation matters, including drafting court documents, witness statements and settlement agreements.
- The ability to manage aspects of complex matters and clients, with proven negotiation skills.
- The ability to liaise effectively with other fee earners from within the group, but also to liaise and coordinate with fee earners from other relevant disciplines and jurisdictions as required.
- The willingness and ability to support business development activity, creating and maintaining strong client relationships and identifying new business opportunities.
- The ability to contribute to the general upkeep of the group (whether that is training, precedents, or know-how generally).
If you feel that you meet the requirements we would like to hear from you. Apply via the link below.
Due to the volume of interest only successful applicants will be contacted directly.
Barratt Galvin is an Australian based recruitment business providing resourcing solutions from a global perspective. We have over ten years experience placing legal jobs in Sydney as well as assisting candidates looking for legal jobs in London and the Middle East. Our core client base is made up of mid to top tier and global firms, as well as in-house legal departments and not for profit organisations. The legal positions we recruit for include Lawyers, Legal Secretaries, EA/PA, HR, and Office Support.
As recruitment experts in Australia, Europe and the Middle East we can assist you with your overseas or local job search.