Steer your career in a new direction this year within a highly regarded international law firm with a strong local history and excellent employee retention.
This is a non-legal position, supporting the practice management team consisting of Legal and Administration Management, Knowledge Operations, HR, Business Development and Finance professionals.
The opportunity is ideal for a project administrator, management PA, or legal secretary who is looking for something outside the 'legal' mould.
Daily responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating team internal and external diary appointments and assisting with meeting preparation;
- Acting as the initial point of contact for telephone and email enquiries;
- Engage with the management team to improve upon processes, implement changes, and encourage collaboration between departments;
- Engage with lawyers and PA staff to facilitate and coordinate cohesive billing practices and assist with significant and complex end to end billing;
- Utilise PowerPoint and Excel to regularly present information, training and workflow updates to the departmental PA team;
- Managing new employee intake, visitor coordination, leave form and expense coding processing, compliance and financial reporting;
- Coordinating travel;
- Providing assistance with firm projects such as the work experience program;
- General administration and project management as needed.
This role is a full-time position, five days per week, with flexibility to work remotely once or twice a week.
Culture & Benefits:
You, the successful applicant, will enjoy state-of-the-art offices and a culture that stands above the rest. Current employees praise this firm for offering a supportive and inclusive working environment, an array of social events, flexible working conditions, and a variety of company benefits.
Listed below are the minimum expectations for technical skills, experience and qualifications which individuals need to meet in order to perform their role:
- Previous experience with private practice support with a team support background;
- IT savvy with demonstrated proficiency and confidence using Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, and legal matter management systems;
- An interest in engaging with the department and PA team in particular as a trainer, ambassador, and leader;
- Strong knowledge of the legal billing process with the aptitude for managing significant and complex bills;
- Excellent attention to detail and demonstrated ability to work to multiple projects;
- Excellent communication skills.
If you feel that you meet the requirements we would like to hear from you. Apply via the link below.
Due to the volume of interest only successful applicants will be contacted directly.
Barratt Galvin is an Australian based legal recruitment business providing law firm resourcing solutions. Collectively, our consultants have over twenty year’s experience placing legal professionals into law jobs locally and internationally.
Based in Sydney, we assist legal professionals looking for legal jobs within Australia, as well as those relocating to or returning from London and the Middle East legal markets.
Our core client base is made up of elite private practice legal teams within mid to top tier and international law firms. The legal jobs we recruit for include Lawyers, Legal Secretaries, EA/PA, HR, Business Development & Marketing and Office Support.
As recruitment experts in Australia, London and the Middle East we can assist you with your international or local legal job search. Barratt Galvin is focussed on providing you access to legal job opportunities that align with your career goals, at the best possible salary level within the market.