We are assisting an industry-leading international law firm with their search for dynamic legal support staff in the growing Dubai office in an innovative Practice Assistant role.
Working with Associates, successful applicants will be tasked with providing high quality matter support from start to finish. This will give Assistants to access to deeper engagement and continuity with their assigned matters as project specialists. Collaboration between Assistants and Project Management team will be vital, allowing for a mix of autonomy and teamwork.
This is a great opportunity for a Legal Secretary who is interested in the different branches of a law firm and wishes to widen their skill set to encompass all aspects of a matter.
Daily responsibilities will include
- Matter project management including opening of the file(s), coordination of all matter-specific meetings and logistics, creation of relevant documents and agendas, organising required travel, and ownership of the deadline timetable;
- Matter administration including communications, filing, document management, set up of data rooms, creation of bibles or 'know-how' documents, and close up of file;
- Finance administration including reporting, forecasting, expense management, and bill production;
- Ownership of business development tasks including organisation of events, record and database maintenance.
Listed below are the minimum expectations for technical skills, experience and qualifications which individuals need to meet in order to perform their role:
- Previous experience of working in an administration or support role within private practice or legal services;
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to adapt and manage multiple priorities;
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work with initiative and delegate effectively, whilst also engaging with the wider team and assist others when needed;
- Demonstrated history of taking ownership of your work and processes with a curious and creative work approach.
If you feel that you meet the requirements we would like to hear from you. Apply via the link below.
Due to the volume of interest only successful applicants will be contacted directly.
Barratt Galvin is an Australian based legal recruitment business providing law firm resourcing solutions. Collectively, our consultants have over twenty year’s experience placing legal professionals into law jobs locally and internationally.
Based in Sydney, we assist legal professionals looking for legal jobs within Australia, as well as those relocating to or returning from London and the Middle East legal markets.
Our core client base is made up of elite private practice legal teams within mid to top tier and international law firms. The legal jobs we recruit for include Lawyers, Legal Secretaries, EA/PA, HR, Business Development & Marketing and Office Support.
As recruitment experts in Australia, London and the Middle East we can assist you with your international or local legal job search. Barratt Galvin is focussed on providing you access to legal job opportunities that align with your career goals, at the best possible salary level within the market.