We're pleased to be representing a leading national Engineering Firm as they expand their in-house legal team.
This firm partners with developers, builders and government agencies on multi-million revenue projects in the scope of structural, civil, and sustainable built environments.
Due to growth there is an opportunity for a Construction and Projects lawyer with a minimum of 5 to approximately 8 years PQE (flexible on the upper limit) to join this organisation in a leadership position. You will guide a small team consisting of a Paralegal and junior lawyer, as well as partner with owners/executive management as well as the current external counsel as the in-house department is established.
This is a full-time role, ideally seeking someone who is based in Sydney, but is also open to those in Newcastle or seeking flexible working between the two locations. Occasional national travel is required.
Key areas of work will include:
- Delivery of commercial and solutions-focused legal services and advice, firm-wide;
- Negotiate, review and finalising the preparation of contracts, leases and licences, and sub-consultant agreements;
- Attend to risk and compliance assessment and advice on contracts and projects from tender stage and throughout delivery;
- Matter management inclusive of corporations law, contract law, dispute resolution, commercial transactions and claims management;
- Provide expert advice on brand and IP rights, OHS, insurance, and liability issues;
- Gain and retain awareness of state-specific regulations and practices across Australia;
- Collaborating with legal and management stakeholders to educate, drive legal strategy;
- Oversee, implement, and fine-tune in-house administration processes;
- Guide and mentor a team of paralegals;
- Maintain industry best practice.
Culture & Benefits:
As an employee-owned company, culture is a key priority from the top down. Current employees praise the national environment as being team-focused in a collegiate environment.
Listed below are the minimum expectations for technical skills, experience and qualifications which individuals need to meet in order to perform their role:
- Minimum 5 to approximately 8 years' post qualification experience in a dedicated Construction, Building, Projects law practice within a reputable law firm or in-house legal department;
- Strong advocacy experience in a litigation practice;
- Excellent research and analysis skills with a sound ability to interpret regulation and provide commercial advice;
- Ability to balance multiple priorities in a high volume environment;
- High degree of professionalism in partnering with management, clients, external stakeholders, and the wider national team.
If you feel that you meet the requirements we would like to hear from you. Apply via the link below.
Due to the volume of interest only successful applicants will be contacted directly.
Barratt Galvin is an Australian based legal recruitment business providing law firm resourcing solutions. Collectively, our consultants have over twenty year’s experience placing legal professionals into law jobs locally and internationally.
Based in Sydney, we assist legal professionals looking for legal jobs within Australia, as well as those relocating to or returning from London and the Middle East legal markets.
Our core client base is made up of elite private practice legal teams within mid to top tier and international law firms. The legal jobs we recruit for include Lawyers, Legal Secretaries, EA/PA, HR, Business Development & Marketing and Office Support.
As recruitment experts in Australia, London and the Middle East we can assist you with your international or local legal job search. Barratt Galvin is focussed on providing you access to legal job opportunities that align with your career goals, at the best possible salary level within the market.