We are representing an Australian leader in Real Estate, a dynamic, multi-faceted business undergoing a period of growth.
Currently, we're sourcing for an experienced Lawyer (5-8 PQE) to join the team in a Legal Counsel capacity. This is a permanent position, ideal for a Lawyer or Associate with a strong foundation derived in private practice.
Within this role the successful applicant will have carriage of:
- Negotiating and drafting commercial agreements including agency, leasing, and ICT agreements;
- Engaging in and overseeing Property transactions from sale and purchase of off the plan, residential, land, and development sales;
- Liaising with representation for litigation and debt recovery matters to minor disputes;
- Providing support to corporate and compliance responsibilities such as corporate structures, directors duties, application of APP's.
Listed below are the minimum expectations for technical skills, experience and qualifications which individuals need to meet in order to perform their role:
- Previous experience (5-8PQE) within the Property sector of a private practice law firm;
- A penchant for fostering working relationships across a variety of business units;
- The ability to drive projects independently and deliver sound commercial advice in a high-pressured environment;
- A thorough understanding of the Property, Stock and Business Agents Act 2002, real estate licensing and the regulatory landscape of real estate agency;
- A good understanding of residential tenancies, franchising law, Fair Trading NSW, Employment Law, and Australian Competition and Consumer Act.
If you feel that you meet the requirements we would like to hear from you. Apply via the link below.
Due to the volume of interest only successful applicants will be contacted directly.
Barratt Galvin is an Australian based recruitment business providing resourcing solutions from a global perspective. We have over ten years experience placing legal jobs in Sydney as well as assisting candidates looking for legal jobs in London and the Middle East. Our core client base is made up of mid to top tier and global firms, as well as in-house legal departments and not for profit organisations. The legal positions we recruit for include Lawyers, Legal Secretaries, EA/PA, HR, and Office Support.
As recruitment experts in Australia, Europe and the Middle East we can assist you with your overseas or local job search.