Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer, the primary purpose of this role is to develop and implement business development strategies and initiatives whilst maximizing the firm's profile and positioning in the market place. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing strategic client relationships and will contribute to the firm's revenue growth.
The key responsibilities are:
- Support the client relationship partners efforts to strengthen relationships, through strategic marketing plans, client relationship strategies, listening to clients, budget preparation, monitoring, and reporting.
- Promote industry and practice capabilities throughout the firm, markets and geographies in conjunction with allocated industry and practice groups;
- Implement and evaluate the firm’s business development strategies and contribute to the growth and future direction of the BDM team;
- Project manage tender responses and credentials and BDM Coordinator undertaking required research, evaluating opportunities, coordinating input from lawyers, and writing relevant sections;
- Proactively maintain effective working relationships with partners, managers, other staff, clients and external service providers;
- Provide coaching for the junior BDM team members in addition to the fee earners to ensure alignment of personal plans based on the firms BD strategic goals;
- Contribute to and execute BDM team projects and to the ongoing promotion and development of the brand.
Listed below are the minimum expectations for technical skills, experience and qualifications:
- Tertiary qualification in business, communications, or a related discipline;
- Minimum five years’ experience in a similar role within the legal industry;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of stakeholders;
- Possess the confidence to present at the highest level within the firm and within the client environment;
- Ability to relate service offerings to industry and client needs and implement strategies which add value from a client relationship and business development perspective;
- Proven ability to lead and effectively manage the performance, output and development of direct reports;
- Flexible and able to adapt to the needs of the firm; and
- Strong written and verbal communication, and presentation skills.
The firm offers a friendly culture with a history of high achievement and collaboration.
- Wellbeing program including a subsidised gym membership and active social and sporting committees;
- In-house barista.
If you feel that you meet the requirements we would like to hear from you. Apply via the link below.
Due to the volume of interest only successful applicants will be contacted directly.
Barratt Galvin is an Australian based legal recruitment business providing law firm resourcing solutions. Collectively, our consultants have over twenty year’s experience placing legal professionals into law jobs locally and internationally.
Based in Sydney, we assist legal professionals looking for legal jobs within Australia, as well as those relocating to or returning from London and the Middle East legal markets.
Our core client base is made up of elite private practice legal teams within mid to top tier and international law firms. The legal jobs we recruit for include Lawyers, Legal Secretaries, EA/PA, HR, Business Development & Marketing and Office Support.
As recruitment experts in Australia, London and the Middle East we can assist you with your international or local legal job search. Barratt Galvin is focussed on providing you access to legal job opportunities that align with your career goals, at the best possible salary level within the market.