Our client is Silver Circle firm with offices in 5 continents with a Tier 1 ranking in Australia. There is currently a vacancy in the firm's prestigious Melbourne office for a Senior Associate specialising in Mergers & Acquisitions.
The Corporate team advises in all types of public and private M&A including some of the most complex and significant transactions in the local and international arenas.
This vacancy is a result of business growth. The successful applicant will work on a range of matters, but matters of emphasis will be public M&A and therefore the team is looking for an SA with specialist experience in this area.
Responsibilities of interest will include:
- Advising on Australian regulatory requirements and commercial applications of such;
- Negotiating complex corporate transactions in liaison with accounting advisers;
- Drafting and reviewing relevant legal documents and agreements such as merger implementation, pre-bid, sale and purchase, underwriting agreements, scheme booklets, and prospectuses;
- Preparing formal legal opinions;
- Contributing to business development, networking, mentorship, and knowledge of the team.
The firm is looking for an SA (5 - 8 relevant PQE) with public M&A experience at a highly regarded firm. Essential skills include strong technical skills, a commercial approach, and a commitment to building and growing within the firm's corporate practice.
If you feel that you meet the requirements we would like to hear from you. Apply via the link below.
Due to the volume of interest only successful applicants will be contacted directly.
Barratt Galvin is an Australian based recruitment business providing resourcing solutions from a global perspective. We have over ten years experience placing legal jobs in Sydney as well as assisting candidates looking for legal jobs in London and the Middle East. Our core client base is made up of mid to top tier and global firms, as well as in-house legal departments and not for profit organisations. The legal positions we recruit for include Lawyers, Legal Secretaries, EA/PA, HR, and Office Support.
As recruitment experts in Australia, Europe and the Middle East we can assist you with your overseas or local job search.