We're seeking a Legal Assistant with experience in Family Law on behalf of our client, a progressive national law firm based in Sydney's CBD.
Supporting the team up to Partner level, the daily responsibilities of this role include:
- Client liaison, telephone and email management;
- Diary and meeting management;
- Document and file management;
- Filing legal documents on Court portals and liaising with registry staff;
- Preparing briefs for counsel;
- Opening, maintaining, and closing files in the CMS;
- Conducting the monthly billing process;
- Collaborating with the wider team to support overflow work when needed.
This firm is known throughout the industry as an employer of choice, boasting excellent employee retention, health & wellbeing programmes, and flexible working policies. Employees are privy to a reward and bonus scheme, in-house career training, and an array of social events.
Listed below are the minimum expectations for technical skills, experience and qualifications which individuals need to meet in order to perform their role:
- Minimum 2 years of experience working within a legal team support role with exposure to billing and, ideally, Family law processes;
- IT savvy with proficiency on MS Office Suite and a legal billing and client management system(s);
- Excellent attention to detail and demonstrated ability to work to multiple and conflicting priorities;
- A polished, friendly approach.
If you feel that you meet the requirements we would like to hear from you. Apply via the link below.
Due to the volume of interest only successful applicants will be contacted directly.
Barratt Galvin is an Australian based legal recruitment business providing law firm resourcing solutions. Collectively, our consultants have over twenty year’s experience placing legal professionals into law jobs locally and internationally.
Based in Sydney, we assist legal professionals looking for legal jobs within Australia, as well as those relocating to or returning from London and the Middle East legal markets.
Our core client base is made up of elite private practice legal teams within mid to top tier and international law firms. The legal jobs we recruit for include Lawyers, Legal Secretaries, EA/PA, HR, Business Development & Marketing and Office Support.
As recruitment experts in Australia, London and the Middle East we can assist you with your international or local legal job search. Barratt Galvin is focussed on providing you access to legal job opportunities that align with your career goals, at the best possible salary level within the market.